Monday, July 5, 2010

Observing training and OBB/Health Path Event

The end of last week was eventful.
Last Wednesday, I had the opportunity to observe Meredith giving a training at the Great Oaks campus. I was amazed at how quickly the time passed. Luckily almost everyone was engaged in the material and computer literate. I was surprised that I had never thought of some of the questions people asked. From this experience, I realized that I will not have the answer to all of people's questions, even if I know the training manual cover to cover. I learned to learned how to create a light atmosphere and learned to improvise without wasting the volunteers' time. For instance, our computers were not working in the beginning; thus, Meredith discussed the benefits first and then worked on the Alice Nelson scenario all at once after the computers were fixed.
On Thursday, I went to Troy for a OBB/Health Path event. There was a great turnout! The information presented was essentially the same material from our training guides about the OBB. There was not much information presented about Health Path and I didn't get to learn much about this organization. The amount of people who attended that were interested in coming a Benefit Bank site was astounding. The people were looking forward getting their organizations involved and becoming benefit counselors. I'm glad that I went for this reason!

4 comments:

  1. Krupa I also enjoyed observing Meredith in the OBB training at Great Oaks. I took a lot of notes and I'm using them to get an idea of how to do my first training on Friday. I'm a little nervous so wish me well. Meredith will be there observing me so hopefully that will give me a little comfort also. I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Melvina!!! I'm sure that you will do just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krupa! I am attending a HealthPath event in August, and I am planning on just signing people up for future trainings and answering questions. Do you have any tips on making it a successful event, or can you tell me what else you did to prepare? Thanks Krupa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah!
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to you! I didn't see this until now.
    I think signing people up for PTOs is smart. For my last HeathPath event that's basically all I did to prepare. I would make sure that I went over the steps it takes to become a sites, and that as of now they would be the site administrators. I don't think it requires much more involvement on our part.

    ReplyDelete