Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays

So, it's definitely been a while since I last posted. But I realize why blogging is important- It helps me keep track of everything that I've done and remember the order of some events. It's hard to keep everything straight. I know I've been busy, but its difficult to recap everything! I've been staying busy with organizing trainings, helping clients, and the Holiday Community Project. This is a tough time for a lot of people.
I've skillfully learned the ropes of OASHF and using the Benefit Bank. Also, we have a new ShareCorps member who I share the office with- her name is Bridget Jones! She is just fantastic- she has a lot of experience with volunteering and is always eager to help!
The more I work with the the Holiday Community Project, the more I realize the importance of collaborating to avoid duplications to help as many people as possible. It's really sad to hear some clients' stories about their unexpected expenses, and how much they just want to provide a Christmas for their children. As of yesterday, we had more than 170 families on the waiting list for Christmas gifts. This morning we found received a very large donation and we were able to serve all of the families on the waiting list!! This news made me jump out of my chair... I spent a large part of today calling people and telling them we would be able to assist them. It was wonderful to hear the sprightliness in their voices once I told them!
Happy Holidays everyone! Wishing you a prosperous New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment