Monday, August 16, 2010

First Successful Training and School Delivery Mishap

This past Thursday, August 12th was a big day. I had my first training where I felt really comfortable with the material and could explain how the Benefit Bank works with ease. I think after helping my first client, I was better able to answer questions and convey important details. I had a few questions that I did not know the answer to, but as the training progressed, I felt more and more comfortable saying I don't know and that I will get back to them. All of the volunteers were attentive and asked meaningful questions. This definitely helped the training run smoothly. Best of all, there were an adequate amount of efficient computers and which helped speed up the process!
This Thursday was also the Butler County school supply delivery date. However, I found out this morning that the delivery did not materialize. It was disappointing that all of the coordination involved in setting a up a successful delivery resulted in a failure to deliver. Worst of all, the Dayton Daily News showed up to Middletown School district to report on the delivery and work done to raise the school supplies, only to wait and discover the supplies had not be delivered. At this point, I am just hoping that supplies are delivered to the schools before the schools start so that the students can access them so they can focus on their education. I am curious to see how the schools plan on distributing the supplies. Will they provide the students with the kits on the day one, or will the teachers distribute them as supplies run out? Each step along the way, I have questions that I had not previously thought of!

2 comments:

  1. Krupa, what happened with the delivery? Was it the school supply company or something on the districts' end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the delivery company, Con-way's, fault. EPI doesn't really know what had gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete